The Complete Mass Effect Theme for Windows 7 and the Blue Mass Effect UI for Windows 10 | 8 | 7 with a sharper, cleaner visual style for windows 7 that all fans should love. Has lots of cool interfaces.
Mass Effect: As you might know, Mass Effect is nearing an end and what better way to live it up than a complete Mass Effect theme right on your desktop. Filled with great wallpapers, fresh icons and even a rainmeter skin.
What to expect: This theme will change the way your desktop looks. It’ll have a new visual style, new Mass Effect icons and cursor set. There will also be a Mass Effect rainmeter skin to add the interface from the game.
Click to enlarge. A cleaner, cooler Mass Effect look.
A Word of Caution: This method is fairly simple, takes about 15-30 minutes to set up and can be considered high-level desktop customization. However it is advised you follow my instructions exactly and backup any file that you may have to modify.
The 2 things to do: This tutorial consists of: 1. Changing your visual style to Windows 8 style. And 2. Bringing the Mass Effect interface through a rainmeter skin.
I – WINDOWS 8 VISUAL STYLE (Skip this if you only want the panels)
To Download: Assume we are about to assemble different parts of a rig and each part needs to be added separately. First thing you need to do is download all these small files listed below and store them all in a new folder. Do not run any of the files! Simply download them and store them seperately for now.
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 32 bit)
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 64 bit)
- Windows 8 Visual Style
- Windows Start Orb Changer
Instructions: Follow these instructions in order and be sure you know what you’re doing at each level. If you have any doubts, drop a comment below.
1. To use any 3rd party visual style, your system must be patched first. This needs to be done only once. So if you are already have some visual styles running in your system, skip this step. If not, run the UxStyle file you downloaded and complete the setup.
2. Open the ‘windows_8_vs_for_win7‘ rar file you downloaded and extract the 2 contents of the ‘Theme for Windows 7’ folder (‘AeroNoRedCloseButton’ folder and ‘aeroNoRedCloseButton.theme’ file) in the following path: “C:WindowsResourcesThemes“.
3. Right click the ‘Windows7 Start Orb Changer.exe’ program you downloaded and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘ and choose change orb option. Select any one of the bmp files from the ‘MassEffectStartOrbs‘ rar file that you downloaded.
4. Run the ‘MassEffect3ThemeRaider.themepack‘ file that you downloaded.
This should give you modified explorer windows, new wallpaper, new icons, cursor set and start orb.
II – MASS EFFECT UI
Now, we are going to take care of the blue Mass Effect UI panels. You are going to download the ultimate desktop customization tool called, Rainmeter. Then, you are going to add the panels by using a rainmeter skin.
To Download: You need to download 2 things.
1. Run the rainmeter setup and complete the installation.
2. Once setup is completed, run the rainmeter program. You’ll have the default rainmeter skin, showing up in your desktop.
3. Now, run the ‘mass_effect_rainmeter_skin_by_rickf7666-d4h0vgi.rmskin’ file that is for new users and choose ‘Install‘.
4. After installing, you can right click on any skin and go to ‘Rainmeter Menu->Configs->Mass Effect‘ to select/deselect a skin.
5. You can move the panels around by simply clicking and dragging. Or right click and choose ‘Close Skin‘ to close that panel.
6. Right click a skin and choose ‘Edit Skin‘ to open a notepad that you can alter and save as you wish.
7. If you are new to rainmeter, it is strongly suggested you read this guide.
And thats it. A custom made Mass Effect desktop made by yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back!
You can configure the panels anyway you wish.
Reset to default: Choosing the default Aero theme will reset the visual style to default. Right click on any panel and choose ‘Exit’ from ‘Rainmeter Menu’ to close Rainmeter. Open the ‘Windows7 Start Orb Changer’ and choose ‘Default’ to reset start orb.
Hope you liked this theme. If you have any questions, suggestions, likes or comments, drop them below.
Thank you for trying the free Mass Effect Custom Theme for Windows 10 | 8 | 7.