The best free Alienware Windows 7 theme and the Alienware visual style for windows 7 that everyone has been searching for.
Alienware?: I’m going to teach you ‘manual customization‘ using various tools and resources to bring together a desktop that feels just like a futuristic sci-fi system, Theme Raider style. Regardless of whether you actually own an Alienware or not.
What to expect: This theme will change the way your desktop looks. Right from the explorer windows, start orb, to the icons and mouse pointers. Here are a couple of images to show you what your desktop will soon look like.
A Word of Caution: This method is fairly simple, takes about 15-30 minutes to set up and can be considered mid-level desktop customization. However it is advised you follow my instructions exactly and backup any file that you may have to modify.
To Download: Assume we are about to assemble a sci-fi spaceship and each part needs to be added separately. First thing you need to do is download all these small files listed below and store them all in a new folder. Do not run any of the files! Simply download them and store them for now.
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 32 bit)
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 64 bit)
- Concave 7 Visual Style
- Theme Resource Changer (for Windows 7 32 bit)
- Theme Resource Changer (for Windows 7 64 bit)
- AlienwareThemeRaider Themepack
Instructions: Follow these instructions in order and be sure you know what you’re doing at each level. If you have any doubts, drop a comment below.
1. To use any 3rd party visual style, your system must be patched first. This needs to be done only once. So if you are already have some visual styles running in your system, skip this step. If not, run the UxStyle file you downloaded and complete the setup.
2. Open the ‘Concave 7‘ file you downloaded (You’ll need WinRAR or 7-Zip to open the file) and extract the two contents (Concave 7 folder and Concave7.theme file) in the following path: “C:WindowsResourcesThemes“. Do not run the file! (If you get an error when you extract, try to extract to the desktop and copy the files from desktop to the Themes folder.)
3. Run the ‘Theme Resource Changer‘ file that you downloaded and complete the setup.
4. Run the ‘AlienwareThemeRaider.themepack‘ file that you downloaded.
And thats it. A custom made sci-fi desktop made by yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back!
Credits: Props to yingjunjiu for making the really cool Alien cursor and MrGRiM01 for making the incredible Concave visual style.
Reset to default: Choosing the Windows 7 Aero theme will set everything back to default. Icons, start icon, visual style and everything else.
Hope you liked this theme. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, drop them below. Thank you for trying the free Alienware theme for Windows 7.