The nVIDIA Windows 7 Theme and the cool green/grey visual style for windows 7 that every nVIDIA owner and PC gamer should love.
nVIDIA: As you might have seen this theme is based on the green mean power and style of the nVIDIA graphics card. Has the standard nVIDIA colors of green and grey with a great wallpaper to posh up your desktop.
What to expect: This theme will change the way your desktop looks. Right from the green-grey explorer windows, nVIDIA start orb, the nVIDIA icons and a green cursor set. Here are some images to show you what your desktop will soon look like.
|Click to enlarge.|
|Click to enlarge.|
A Word of Caution: This method is fairly simple, takes about 15-30 minutes to set up and can be considered mid-level desktop customization. However it is advised you follow my instructions exactly and backup any file that you may have to modify.
To Download: Assume we are about to assemble different parts of a car and each part needs to be added separately. First thing you need to do is download all these small files listed below and store them all in a new folder. Do not run any of the files! Simply download them and store them for now.
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 32 bit)
- UxStyle (for Windows 7 64 bit)
- Viridis Visual Style
- Windows Navigation Buttons Customizer
- Windows Start Orb Changer
Instructions: Follow these instructions in order and be sure you know what you’re doing at each level. If you have any doubts, drop a comment below.
1. To use any 3rd party visual style, your system must be patched first. This needs to be done only once. So if you are already have some visual styles running in your system, skip this step. If not, run the UxStyle file you downloaded and complete the setup.
2. Open the ‘Viridis‘ rar file you downloaded and extract the contents of the ‘Theme’ folder (Viridis folder and several Viridis.theme file) in the following path: “C:WindowsResourcesThemes“. Do not run the files!
3. Now extract the ‘Fonts’ folder to the desktop. Select all the fonts within the folder, right click and select Install.
4. Now extract the ‘Explorer Frame’ folder to the desktop. Right click the ‘Windows Navigation Buttons Customizer.exe‘ that you downloaded and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘. Now select, the ‘Change bitmap‘ option for each image and replace with the respective image from the ‘Explorer Frame‘ folder that you previously extracted, one by one.
5. Right click the Windows Start Orb Changer program you downloaded and choose ‘Run as Administrator‘ and choose change orb option. Select the ‘NVidia Logo 3.bmp‘ image you downloaded.
6. Run the ‘nVIDIAThemeRaider.themepack‘ file that you downloaded.
And thats it. A custom made nVIDIA desktop made by yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back!
Credits: Props to Tacony for making the cool Viridis visual style.
Reset to default: Choosing the Windows 7 Aero theme will set everything back to default. Icons, start icon, visual style and everything else. But to reset the start orb and the the windows navigation buttons to default, you should run the Start Orb Changer and the ‘Navigation Buttons Customizer‘ and choose the restore option in both.
Hope you liked this theme. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, drop them below. Thank you for trying the free nVIDIA Theme for Windows 7.