– Get the look and feel of the latest Mac OS X version on to your Windows 10 with this great theme. –
A lot of people prefer the sleek look and feel of Apple’s Mac OS X. With the dock on the bottom and the finder bar on top, it makes a good combo for quick access while the white design with colored buttons make it easy on the eye.
In this theme, you’ll apply jwilco‘s Mac OS X Ultimate visual style that will transform your Windows explorer style as you see below and then optionally move on to getting Finderbar and the icon dock.
- Apple’s Mac OS X design
- Border-less design
- Two Themes (With Command Bar / Without Command Bar)
1. OldNewExplorer: Extract the OldNewExplorer.rar file that you downloaded to a new folder and run the OldNewExplorerCfg program. Set the settings as the same as the screenshot you see below. Hit Install and complete the installation.
2. UXThemePatcher: Next, you need to patch your Windows 10 system so we can install 3rd party themes. Follow that link and do up to Step 3 (Patch your system.)
3. Mac OS X Ultimate Theme: Extract the contents of Mac OS X theme (two folders and two .theme files) to the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder of your PC.
4. Theme Activation: Run a Mac OS X Ultimate.theme file that you just pasted and voila! Your theme should be active.
If nothing’s happened, go back to the patching tutorial and do Step 4.b. That should fix the issues.
Finderbar and Launcher
You can optionally add the finderbar and launcher to your desktop for a more complete transformation. Just follow these download links below and follow the instructions. You need Rocketdock to install the Mac OS skin for it.
CREDITS: Props again to jwilco for making this great port of the OS X design for Windows 10.
If you have any questions, suggestions or comments or if you want to show off your new desktop, drop them below.